Friday, August 1, 2014

On the road again

Tomorrow morning I start my trip.  I have a loose plan, a list of things I'd like to see and places to go, and an atlas.
The plan will probably evolve and morph as I drive depending on my whim, mood, weather and the moment.  For a good long while there's nowhere I need to be, no giant responsibility holding me down, and I can be free to do whatever the hell I want.
Don't get me wrong... I'm going to miss home, and BFB and GFB.  And sleeping alone in a tent, backseat, or cheap motel bed isn't preferred to my nice cozy bed at home and morning snuggles. But there definitely is the appeal of not having to do laundry, figure out what's for dinner, or clean the litter box.  This is about spending time with myself.  Putting my needs and wants before anyone else's.  Yes... I'm aware that this is a bit (a lot?) selfish.  Especially in light of the fact that GFB is still in a sling at home.  But I've really never done anything like this and I think it'll be good for me.  At the very least I'll have a bit of fun and get a few good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment