Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A New Year indeed.

Happy belated New Year to everyone.  (Really?  Who am I kidding.  No one reads this crap anyway!)
Anyway.. It's been a little over ayear since I started writing.  I haven't posted nearly as often as I intended, but having an actual life takes up a lot of time!  And that's what a lot of last year was about, starting to have an actual life again.
In the past year things have changed so much.  I've moved 1100 miles.  And for a relatively new (and complicated) relationship that had been up to that point, mostly long distance.  Started a new job.  Said goodbye to someone very important to me after helping him get through his last few days of life comfortably.  Endured more family drama in a week or two than anyone should ever have to deal with in a lifetime.  Started another new  temporary job, as for various reasons the previously mentioned new job, didn't pan out like I'd hoped.  Moved again for temporary job, as this job was about 175 miles from my new home.  Had temporary job become even more temporary when several people came off disability leave earlier than planned.  Started yet another new job.  Continued to endure family drama of the "I wish I could drop off the face of the earth and have no one find me" kind.  Spent a ginormous amount of money dealing with said family drama and dealing with the final stages of my long awaited divorce.  The divorce was final shortly before the end of the year. 
It's a new year.  I'm not starting out fresh this year like I did last January, I still have family drama.  Although it's not so bad I want to disappear anymore, just bad enough to earn me a glass (bottle?) of wine every so often.  The last new job has turned into "the" job.  I am happily getting to know people at work, and I am happy about going to work every day.  I'm enjoying what I do, and the people and patients I do it with.  That's pretty good. Some things are new this year.  We (reference previously mentioned complicted relationship) are deep into the process of buying a house.  Hopefully to be moved by mid March.  By that time we will have spent a year in the old place together.  Lots of memories.   The three of us are starting the next part of our adventure together in a place that is "Ours"
There's going to be a lot of things to do this year.  Lots of packing and unpacking.  (There are still boxes in NY with a family member that we still ned to figure out how to gt out here without breaking the bank.) There will be some remodeling, or finishing of some space in the new place, a garden to start, and hopefully some downtime for all of us to just enjoy being "US"

Last year was tough, in a lot of ways.  But nothing worth it is ever easy.

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
                                                                             - Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment