Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful

Thanksgiving is over.  Thankfully.  It was initially nice to have somewhere to go for the holiday (or for the weekend after the holiday).  And it was even better to come home today, because I swear that was possibly the most uncomfortable weekend I've spent in a very long time.  I can't really bitch too much, because I kinda asked for it.  Really though, there's nothing quite like feeling (knowing) that someone is incredibly uncomfortable with your presence, but really having no option but to continue to be IN their presence.  Definitely not a feeling I want to repeat. 

Thanksgiving week being over also means that one of the hardest weeks of the year for me is also over.  I lost my grandmother a year ago last week. And then 6 months later my grandfather as well.  So the anniversary of my grandmothers passing, And both of their birthdays fall in the same week.  Needless to say already not a great week for me.  There were definitely some tears, and a lot of sad moments.

But on a happier note, this upcoming week is also a notable week.  This time last year I started to seriously consider the prospect of moving.  And that's how I ended up here.  I think it's worth a mention because it's quite possibly the best thing I could've done for myself.  I've been here 8 months and I'm not sorry I made the move.  Things are moving forward nicely in most regards, and a house is now on our immediate to do list (that in and of itself is another post just waiting to happen).

So I really do have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment