Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Getting things sorted out

It's been a while, and there's been things in life that needed sorting out. 


People change over time and relationships, like civilizations either evolve and adapt, or they fail and become extinct. 


I'm choosing right now to see things in a positive light, and not to see a failed relationship as a negative thing.  I'm trying to see it as an opportunity.  An opportunity for all of us to get what we need from ourselves and from our lives.  Am I sorry that things didn't work out?  More than I can even express.  Am I sad to be saying "good-bye" to this chapter of my life? Absolutely.  Even though I am trying to be positive, I'm still allowed to be sad.  Am I sorry that I made the choices that brought me to here? Absolutely not.  I made certain choices for my life hoping for the best brightest future I could possibly have.  I refuse to regret those choices, because I do have great things and people in my life that I wouldn't have right now if I'd made different ones.


Life is a series of choices.  I don't think there are "right" ones or "wrong" ones.  There are just choices.  And each choice takes you to a potentially different place.  Kind of like the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books I remember as a kid.  But with life, you can't just start over at the beginning and make a different choice if you didn't like the way the first one turned out.  With life there are no "Do-overs".  You just have to move forward, toward the next inevitable set of choices.  And make whatever seems like the best decision for you at that time.  That's the best any of us can do.


I'm looking forward to my future.  Looking forward to OUR future, and whatever that may hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment