Friday, December 25, 2015

Almost another new year

Another new year is upon us.  I honestly don't know where the year has gone.  Lots of things have transpired in 2015, but not nearly as much has been accomplished as I intended.  The best I can say is that almost all of the boxes are unpacked, and whatever isn't unpacked at this point is likely to stay in boxes indefinitely. 


Life is busy.  There always seems to be a lot going on, and 1000 things to do, but no matter how much is done there are still 1000 more things to do still.  There hasn't been nearly as much downtime as I would've liked to have, and not nearly enough "Us" time to just be and enjoy each other.  As much as I wish it would, that's not likely to change much, because Life.... Is life.  And life is busy.


Made a bunch of new friends this year, and they feel more like family.  Thank you all for accepting me into your "tribe".  I'm honored.  Still have the Family Drama.  Hopefully I can fully divest myself of that before the NEXT new year!  I also have a new addition to my family.  My Niece had her first child on Christmas Eve.  Welcome to Calliope Elizabeth.  I cant wait to meet you and have me some baby snuggles.


2016 is going to see at least one huge milestone.  My son is graduating from high school this year.  I may not be there every day, but he is the most awesome kid I could've hoped for and I love him to the moon and back, and I'm so proud of him for becoming the man he is today.  I miss him every day.


All in all the last year hasn't been exactly what I hoped for , and didn't always go according to my Grand Master Plan, (Life rarely does), but I'm happy, (mostly) healthy, and employed.  I'd say that's not too shabby.  My Grand Master Plan is still there for this year, somewhat changed from last year, but in a lot of ways similar. 


So, as this year comes to a close, and a new one dawns, lets all raise our glasses and be thankful for what we have while wishing each other the best for the New Year.  (And of course, wishing for world peace)


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment